17 May, 2006

The Joy That Is Me And More

_ MDIS dropped a bomb on me yesterday. I was told by the course coordinator in February that I will get into the May class no problemo. She has since quitted and this new coordinator is telling me I can only commence in June.

_ Bumming can get quite fucking tiring and boring. Not to mention, it is draining the money pool. Besides, I am feeling really bad because the family is not gaining anything from me not working – I am not home enough to make them feel the joy that is me.

_ Other than that, I have been reading Animal Man and Filth – both by Grant Morrison - since last week. I realized Animal Man is a pile of dog shit - because it’s based on a DC character - and why Filth is so hard to comprehend.

_ You see, Filth’s art, rendered by Chris Weston + Gary Erskine, is brilliant and it is distracting the readers from grasping the equally brilliant story. Amazing how Morrison went from shit to gold. Recommended dosage is one chapter per day.

_ This week I bought Ex Machina: The First Hundred Days by Brian K Vaughan. Great stuff by the same guy who brought you Y: The Last Man which is being adapted to screen.

_ Over these past weeks, I have been going through an updating of what is going around in the world of the www. Looks like Web 2.0 – I coined it The Web Reloaded - is already upon us and we are going thru a cultural change because that.

_ I have almost completed the not-so-extreme makeover for my blogsite. There are still a few things to tinker before it is cool enough for The Web Reloaded. It is tough being a techie and yet so tasteful.

_ Meanwhile, I have been asked to check out Sympathy For Lady Vengeance. It just arrived today via Hollywoodclicks and is sitting on my desk.

_ The thing is I don’t dig anything Korean – minus the chicks, of course. Dae Jang Geum is one big boring, slow moving suck. But, it is an international phenomenon and I have been told good things about SFLV.

_ This week is a week of celebration. Nicole, my ex... colleague, is getting married. Groom not I. I is sad. And, it is my niece’s birthday! Have to get her presents!

_ Lastly, if time permits, feel free to check out what I digg and what I think is del.icio.us. Thank you and good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home