10 July, 2005

get behind me satan!

Get behind me, Satan! I did badly on a job interview and I will sell you my soul for you to do your dirty miracles!

Waitaminute... what am i talking about? I am suppose to write a review on The White Stripes' new album Get Behind Me Satan.

Besides that, I am an atheist. I don't believe in the devil or god for that matter. (Notice I didn't capitalise "god".)

Anyway, I bought the duo's new album along with Foo Fighters'.

I noticed they are both considerable softer than their past attempts. Foo Fighters' In Your Honor even got Norah Jones as guest vocal on one of the songs. although, that was what swayed me into buying. Plus, it a double CD. Great marketing by Foo Fighters.

I like The White Stripes because they sound so much like the unprentious classic rock sound I loved so much. Especially, their previous album's (Elephant) Seven Nation Army. They continued with it whole heartedly which is great. Also, they don't have gimmicks like having Norah Jones or Pharrell Williams as collaborators.

Foo Fighters did what they always do so well in this new release: OST like tracks. I am really not surprise if a few of their songs get on to a movie soundtrack.

meaning:
If you love good old hard rock go get The White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan no matter what. In fact, if you don't got their last album, Elephant, get it too. Both will add very well to your great hard rock CD collection.

Give Foo Fighters' In Your Honor a miss if you are not their fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home