30 October, 2005

pop icon: dance dance revolution


The popular arcade game, Dance Dance Revolution aka DDR, developed by Konami has reach the level of pop icon status. As if I need to be the one to proclaim it though.

You know it is confirmed when it was featured in the new Madonna Music Video, Hung Up. Although I don't regret my decision not to try the hold body workout game, I am sad to say I never tried it.

Introduced in 1998, reached Singapore soon after, it has been a permanent fixure at every decent arcade. If you call yourself a decent Ah Beng or Ah Lian or just a poser, you must have a least tried it once.

Maybe one of these days, when I find the courage - and when I find an empty arcade - I will eventually give a go.

You may say: What is point then ? Dance Dance Revolution is the ultimate poser machine!

You are probably right. But, for now, I will just admire those talented nimble teenagers from afar.

Links:
Madonna's "Hung Up" Music Video
Konami's DDR page (In Japanese)
Wikipedia's DDR page
DDRFreaks.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Luiggi Lustosa said...

DDR SUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKS!!!!
U GOTTA PLAY PUMP IT UP!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home