21 October, 2006

VW Beetle Vectorised


_ I have been putting this off for a long time now. By "this" I meant vectorising daily objects such as the vintage VW Beetle. By vectorising I meant tracing it in Adobe Illustrator or other such vector softwares.

_ Today, I did just that. Below is the step by step illustrated show and tell of what I went through for the past gruelling 12 hours.

_ First hour:


_ Doing the easiest shapes first. Here's the next three hours:


_ I was tired of just doing shapes so I did some shading as well. First to the headlights then the door handle and I added colour so it wasn't so boring to look at. Of course, after sometime I grew tired and was too lazy to save all the steps. So, here is the final product:


_ Although not shown in the above images, I had the 50% reduced opacity photo of the Beetle underneath my artwork all the time.

_ Here are some close up details of the vectorised Beetle:





_ Basically, this is just a small part of a bigger series of self-training sessions I am putting myself through for the next two years. Hopefully, I will be good enough in the end even my beloved government wants me to do some of their work!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger aprilzara said...

EEEh!!! Vector stuff!! Can you vector me? Puh-lleeasee?!?

3:37 PM  
Blogger YouAreOnVisual said...

you didn't have the number plates "mosaic-ed" tsk tsk....

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home