06 June, 2006

虚拟的爱 UPDATED June 12



_ Currently, there is an exhibition on contempory visual communications, called 虚拟的爱 or Friction@Love, at the Singapore Art Museum (SAM). Featuring mostly artists from China, Japan, Korea, USA and Singapore.

_ Details:
Singapore : 12 May 2006 to 2 July 2006 at the Singapore Art Museum
In this era where the boundary between fantasy and reality blurs, Fiction@Love seeks to explore the concerns related to the satire and fantasy of love through contemporary artistic expressions.


_ For me, this exhibition gave me a chance to see one of Chiho Aoshima's work, called Mujina, finally. Somemore, it only cost three bucks to enter SAM.

_ On another note, I hate it when those genius@SAM genius@MOCA still think putting a "@" in a title or name make things edgy and cool. Can't they conceive anything more original?

[SAM]
[My Phonecam Photos Here]

---
Updated: I thought I had my facts right when I went over to Museum of Contemporary Art Shanghai(MOCA)'s website to check if they were the ones who came up with the name Friction@Love. It turns out that the name didn't come up in the Chinese version which I was looking at. However, it was in the English version.

My sincere apologies to the people @ SAM.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually the name was conceived by the Artistic Director of a Shanghainese art center, not by SAM...

Cheers!
~SAM

10:29 AM  
Blogger notaboutwill said...

Oops! Apologies from me to SAM for the mistake!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home