26 May, 2006

Farts: X3: The Last Stand


Psylocke (Mei Melançon, far right) is pretty cute but that's about all you gonna see of her.


_ There will be two groups of people at the end of X3: The Last Stand. One will find the show very entertaining. Another will think it as a muthafucking piece of shit that should have never been made and will be scrambling for the cure.

_ The first group consist of those people who probably never read a single panel of the Uncanny X-men. Let alone the Phoenix Saga. Thus, allowing the film makers to get away with many issues like the I-Can-Only-Be-Deadly-When-Giving-Hugs-Porcupine Man, Juggernaut portrayed as a british mutant and the mysterious disappearances of several characters from past X-men movies.

_ The second group are comic fans/geeks who, like me, cared about the characters and story. I simply could not understand how could Stan Lee and Avi Arad greenlight it. I never realised they mean it when they called it The Last Stand.

_ Roughly twenty minutes into the show, I was still like: Hey, so far so good. Then, it hit me with a shocking death scene of a very integral X-Men character. Several acts later another one. After that, I was going: How are they gonna pull that off. They didn't.

_ I can understand that they deviated from the comic because it would probably take another two more installments to fully explain the Pheonix Saga. However, I am shocked, flabbergasted to find that they decided to do a show about 1) Halle Berry's bad acting minus the boobies and 2) how to kill a good series instead.

_ At the end of the day, Brett Ratner (who is a very good action director) managed to put in entertaining scenes as well. Like, I finally got to see Ice Man in his iced form - I like the way he iced up in Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends better though. Juggernaut running through crowds and walls. Colossus throwing Wolverine into battles is intergral to the X-Men lore. The Beast's fighting scenes were nice too.

_ Oh yes. Lastly, we, finally, get to hear Juggernaut say, "I am the Juggernaut, BITCH!".

[Harry said it for me: A Review]

---
P.S. My cousin was telling me after the show that Marvel probably is going to a spin-off like Elektra for Daredevil. He is right. Hugh Jackman and Ian McKellan are set to reprise their roles in Wolverine and Magneto respectively. Luckily, no news of Storm: The Movie yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home