10 September, 2006

Will Lee?

_ I have been playing around with the idea of having an english name since I was 9 years old.

_ It seems to me, nowadays, every mother's child have an english name don't matter if they have an angmoh religon or what. Furthermore, now people are inconsiderate enough to ask if you have an english name despite the fact you already introduced to them your given dialect or mandarin name.

_ Here are some of the options I have contemplated before - and, in fact, used, occasionally, when ordering beverages at those fancy coffee shop such as Starbucks - but never really felt comfortable with:

● Ron Lee- I can't remember why did I used to like this name. It was when I was in Primary school. I have met a couple of Ron since then and I don't remember liking any one of them.

● Keith Lee- Taken by Keith of Kiefty.

● Chris Lee- I can't remember I why did I used to like this name either. That will put me in danger of copying Christopher Lee. Maybe Topher Lee?

● William Lee- Yeah, Wee Leong, William how original can you get, man? Somehow some people will just automatically coin me "William" at their own convenience.

● Guy Lee- This is actually pretty philosophical. I always thought that I am neither a man nor a boy nor a gay, therefore a Guy lah! LOLX

_ In one of my entries, I mentioned that my actual name, not Ichibutt or Hata, lacks the element of Fire. Even though when I asked the Fortune Teller if an english name would add the said missing element he replied hell no, I think I would still give a try anyway.

_ Some of you might have already started thinking of names that rhymnes with the word "fire", but no, I don't think it is that simple. It needs to have the "Omph!" factor.

_ I know those name I have considered are nice names but, no disrespect intended, they ain't as unique or cool like Kwame, LeBron, Tiger, Takashi, Antwan, Brooklyn, Beckham, Socket, etc. But, then again, probably, you need to explain why you chose those cool names.

_ I wanted Jack because I am in love with Jack Nicholson. But, people will probably think of Jack Neo first. So, I am thinking "Will". Not as obiang as William - no offense intended to all the Williams out there -, it's something need no explanation and I will need Will power if I don't have Fire (Passion).

_ Hmmm... Will Lee. It's growing on me already.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, we'll still call you our lovable Weeeeee Leong.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jas aka paced said...

wee leong, weiliang, ah leong? whatever lah... you are still our crappiest wee leong! hehe...

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home